Friday, January 8, 2010

Lights at Temple Square

One of my favorite traditions growing up was to visit Temple Square to see the lights on my birthday. Now that I live so far away it obviously does not happen but this year I was able to take my kids to see the lights, although not on my birthday. It was cold and snowing and we almost didn't get the big green machine back onto the road (we parked on a very steep and icy hill) but by golly we went and enjoyed ourselves. The kids really liked all the nativities from around the world that they have displayed, they were new for me as well. Jacob was for some reason at awe with the inside of the tabernacle. Maybe it was the warmth inside who knows. Carson liked that the fountains were "all foggy". The rest of us just loved the large trees filled with lights. A great opportunity to reflect on the birth of our Savior and exactly what it means to us.




No comments:

Post a Comment